Thursday, September 25, 2008

What Are Modes and How Do They Work?

I've had some confusion on how the modes work for awhile now. I've read several guitar lessons and have had several guitar players to try and explain the modes to me but still I'm lost, I'd greatly appreciate some help and a final explanation on them and how they work.


Guitar modes stem from major scale patterns and chord progressions. Without first mastering these fundamental music theory topics, you'll never understand the point of scale modes. It's critical when studying guitar theory to start from the beginning and take things one step at a time. In music, each concept prepares you for the next.

To learn more about scales, chords, progressions, modes and more, see my book Fretboard Theory. When you're ready, my DVD entitled Guitar Modes - The Modal Scales of Popular Music will explain how the modal concept functions in popular songs.

Play Until Yer Fingers Bleed!
Mr. Desi Serna (Google me!)
http://www.Guitar-Music-Theory.com
Pentatonic/CAGED/Progressions/Mode

No comments: